About the AfriPop Internship Programme
The AfriPop Internship Programme is designed to take you through 4 weeks of hands on learning in the research and trading departments of Afrinvest Securities Limited. Over the course of your programme, you will be paired with a mentor who provide the necessary tutelage and advice to empower you to pursue a career in the finance industry.
There are three things you will take away from the AfriPop Internship Programme
- First-hand, practical knowledge of trading in the financial market
- Improved research and analytical skills
- 1st Place: Internship and N50,000
- 2nd Place: N35,000
- 3rd Place: N25,000
- 4th Place: N20,000
The perfect AfriPop Intern:
- is in his/her penultimate or final year in an institution of higher learning;
- has a palpable passion for finance;
- is a progressive and articulate thinker;
- communicates exceptionally well;
- is willing to learn; and
- possesses strong social and interpersonal skills.
To become our first AfriPop Intern, you must go through 4 stages:
a. The Preliminary Stage
- Go to www.afrinvestor.com and open an Afrinvestor Pop Stockbroking account
- Find us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter at @AfrinvestPop and follow or like the page
- On our social media pages, there is a video announcing this internship, comment ‘Done’ on the post and tag 1 friend to follow once you have completed steps 1 and 2 above.
b. The Essay Contest: November 22 – December 7
- Write an essay NOT MORE THAN 1,000 words on the topic: The Role of Fintech in Improving Financial Inclusion in Nigeria
- Use Times New Roman, font size 11, double line spacing
- Submit PDF format to [email protected] on/before Friday, December 7, 2018.
- The subject of your e-mail should be AfriPop Essay Submission
- The body of the e-mail must include your name, university, course of study and social media handles.
c. The Elevator Pitch: December 15 -22
d. The Interview: January 14 – 18
Terms and Conditions
- This internship programme will run in our LAGOS office only.
- The AfriPop Intern MUST be in their penultimate or final year.
- You can only make one entry per submission.
- If you’re shortlisted, you must be available for an interview. Only entrants with justifiable reasons for their unavailability will undergo video interviews.
- Afrinvest reserves the rights to judge all submissions based on its chosen criteria.
- The winner is responsible for all transportation, feeding and accommodation logistics throughout the internship.
- The N50,000 prize is to be paid at the end of the internship with the option of a cash transfer to either a bank or brokerage account.
- Afrinvest reserves the right to use photos and videos of entrants as promotional materials going forward.
To find out more, please see below our contact information:
Titilayo: +234 806 4163 665
Ayorinde: +234 802 8180 822
Email – [email protected]