The AfriPop Internship 2019/2020
We’re super excited to announce that the AfriPop Internship Programme is back and open for applications! If you have a passion for finance and the economy, this programme will further fuel that passion through 4 weeks of hands on learning in the research and trading departments of Afrinvest Securities Limited.
What will you get out of the programme?
- First-hand, practical knowledge of trading in the financial market.
- Improved research and analytical skills.
- 1st Place: Internship and N70,000
- 2nd Place: Internship and N50,000
- 3rd Place: Internship and N45,000
- 4th Place: N35,000
Who are we looking for?
The internship is open to students who:
- are in their 2nd – penultimate year in an institution of higher learning (no freshers or finalists will be considered at this time);
- have a palpable passion for finance;
- are progressive and articulate thinkers;
- communicate exceptionally well;
- are willing to learn; and
- possess strong social and interpersonal skills.
To stand a chance to intern with us, please do the following:
- Go to @Afrinvest and @AfrinvestPop on Twitter and Instagram and hit the follow button (yes, you need to follow both accounts on whichever platform you choose).
- Go to you Google Play or Apple store and download the Afrinvestor App (we will definitely check if you have an account so click on the appropriate store here and it will take you straight to the download link)
- You need to write an essay: Can the Capital Market Significantly Combat Climate Change Issues? In not more than 1,000 words, defend your position.
The World Bank estimates that climate change could push an additional 100 million people in the world into proverty by 2030 if left unchecked. However, reports also suggest that the demand of combating these issues is too significant for the public sector to shoulder alone. Is there a role the capital market can play in this regard? Is the burden significant enough for the capital market to step in?
Your essay will be graded on:
- Clarity of thought
- Uniqueness of ideas
- Persuasiveness of argument
- Adherence to the following rules:
- Use Times New Roman, font size 11, double line spacing
- Submit PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before midnight on Friday, 22 November 2019
- The subject of your e-mail should be AfriPop Essay Submission
- The body of the e-mail must include your name, university, level, course of study and social media handles.
If you’re successful, further details will be communicated to you on next steps.
A few more things you should note:
- This internship programme will run in our LAGOS office only.
- AfriPop Interns MUST be in their 2nd – penultimate years of study.
- You can only make one entry per submission.
- If you’re shortlisted, you must be available for an interview. Only entrants with justifiable reasons for their unavailability will undergo video interviews.
- Afrinvest reserves the rights to judge all submissions based on its chosen criteria.
- The winner is responsible for all transportation, feeding and accommodation logistics throughout the internship.
- The cash prizes will be paid at the end of the internship with the option of a cash transfer to either a bank or brokerage account.
- Afrinvest reserves the right to use photos and videos of entrants as promotional materials going forward.
If you need more information, please contact:
Titilayo: +234 806 4163 665
Chinedu: +234 703 8921 871
Email – email@example.com